Credit Controller - Milton Keynes
Closing date: 10 December 2021
12 months fixed term contract
The role will require you to be available Monday to Friday.
We are an award winning Leading Law Firm with regional offices across Beds, Bucks and Herts. We offer a full range of legal services to individuals and businesses.
We are looking to recruit an experienced and motivated Credit Controller to join our Accounts Team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation and review of aged debt reports and taking appropriate action
- Chasing and collecting outstanding debt by telephone and email
- Process card payments
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity within the Case Management system
- Keep relevant fee earners up to date on the status of their debts
- Liaising with fee earners with regard to queries from clients on unpaid bills
- Interest calculations
- Attend regular meetings to provide updates on progress made to reduce debt
- Provide suggestions as to where improvements can be made to systems and processes
- Where necessary, assist with accounts duties
The appropriate candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Experience working as a credit controller, ideally within a law firm
- Understand the principles of accounting
- Confident using Outlook any Accounting software and Case Management systems
- Good numeracy skills
- Have a confident telephone manner, maintaining high levels of professionalism but authoritative to achieve results
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrate persistence and be committed to completing tasks and objectives
- Have high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Be able to use initiative and be proactive
- Have a positive, can-do attitude.
It is essential that the candidate is an experienced legal credit controller.
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your application to email@example.com
Unfortunately, due to the high level of response to this role we can only respond to candidates selected for interview.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Neves Solicitors LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Neves and Neves Solicitors are trading names of Neves Solicitors LLP (Registered No. OC371395).
Registered office: AW House, 6-8 Stuart Street, Luton, LU1 2SJ. SRA Number: 567286