Full-Time Conveyancing Secretary - Harpenden Office
Closing date: 06 August 2021
The working hours of the role will be Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.15pm.
To provide competent and efficient Legal Secretarial duties to include full CQS compliance.
- Opening/closing/storage and retrieval of files
- Audio typing/copy typing
- Ensuring all client details are kept up to date
- Obtaining title deeds, Land Registry title and plans
- Preparing Contract documentation
- Obtaining searches and replies to property questionnaires
- Using Case Management Systems, Land Registry Portal, SDLT, Outlook, Excel and other computer packages as appropriate
- Ensuring key dates are met
- Diary management
- Database Management
- Checking post and dealing with matters arising when required
- Liaising with clients, estate agents and solicitors
- Scanning and photocopying
- Preparing Completion Statements and completing transactions, as required
- Providing typing support to other members of the conveyancing department
- Reception cover, as required
The appropriate candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Previous Conveyancing experience is a must
- An understanding of Conveyancing procedures to include filling in legal forms
- Ability to work independently, as well as in conjunction with the rest of the department
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives
- Delivers output to a high standard
- Excellent telephone manner
- Multi-task in a busy environment
- Ability to prioritise
- Fast typing skills
- Experience using Case Management systems
- Outstanding organisational skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Able to use initiative
- A commitment to maintain high client care standards
- Calm under pressure
- Reliable and dependable
- Flexible approach to work
- A team player
- Positive attitude.
We offer a range of benefits including pension, life assurance, an additional day’s holiday for your Birthday, free conveyancing for your own sale and purchase plus a free Will.
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Unfortunately, due to the high level of response to this role, we can only respond to candidates selected for interview.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Neves Solicitors LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Neves and Neves Solicitors are trading names of Neves Solicitors LLP (Registered No. OC371395).
Registered office: AW House, 6-8 Stuart Street, Luton, LU1 2SJ. SRA Number: 567286