Legal Assistant - Residential Conveyancing
Closing date: 31 May 2022
The working hours of the role will be Monday-Friday 9am – 5.15pm.
We are looking to recruit a Legal Assistant to provide efficient support to the Conveyancing department ensuring full CQS compliance at all times.
- Opening and managing files throughout the transaction in accordance with procedures
- Obtaining title deeds, Land Registry title and plans
- Preparing Contract documentation
- Obtaining searches and replies to property questionnaires
- Checking post and dealing with matters arising
- Independently dealing with general enquiries by email or telephone and keeping all parties informed
- Progressing a transaction, keeping all parties up to date
- Preparing Completion Statements and completing transactions
- Dealing with post completion of files
- Managing key dates
- Manage all updates to lenders including LMS Stars and Lender Exchange Portals
- Liaising with clients, estate agents, lenders and solicitors etc
- Closing files and managing residual balances promptly
- Ensuring all client details are kept up to date
- Diary management
- Scanning and copying
- Audio typing, as required
- Fully utilising the capabilities of a Case Management Systems
- Using Land Registry Portal, SDLT, Word, Outlook and other computer packages as appropriate
- Provide support to other fee earner’s within the department as and when required
The appropriate candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Understanding of Conveyancing procedures
- Ability to work independently, as well as in conjunction with the rest of the department
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives
- Able to work at speed producing a high volume of work to a high standard
- Excellent telephone manner
- Multi-task in a busy environment
- Ability to prioritise
- Confident using case management systems with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Outstanding organisational skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, ability to converse with a diverse range of people at all levels
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Proactive and able to use initiative
- A commitment to maintain high client care standards
- Calm under pressure
- Reliable and dependable
- Easily adaptable to change
- Positive attitude, can-do attitude
- Effective team player.
We offer a range of benefits including private health insurance, pension, life assurance, childcare vouchers, an additional day’s holiday for your Birthday, free conveyancing for your own sale and purchase plus a free Will.
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, due to the high level of response to this role, we can only respond to candidates selected for interview.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Neves Solicitors LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Neves and Neves Solicitors are trading names of Neves Solicitors LLP (Registered No. OC371395).
Registered office: AW House, 6-8 Stuart Street, Luton, LU1 2SJ. SRA Number: 567286