Part-Time Conveyancing Secretary - Harpenden
Closing date: 30 August 2019
The working hours of the role will be Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – 9am to 5.15pm
To support to the conveyancing department by providing competent and efficient Legal Secretarial duties to include full CQS compliance.
- Opening/closing/storage and retrieval of files in accordance with procedures;
- Managing files throughout the transaction in accordance with CQS procedures;
- Audio typing/copy typing;
- Ensuring all client details are kept up to date;
- Obtaining title deeds, Land Registry title and plans;
- Preparing Contract documentation;
- Obtaining searches and replies to property questionnaires;
- Using Case Management Systems, Land Registry Portal, SDLT, Outlook, Excel and other computer packages as appropriate;
- Ensuring key dates are met;
- Diary management including booking meeting rooms;
- Database Management;
- Checking post and dealing with matters arising when required;
- Liaising with clients, estate agents and solicitors face to face or by telephone;
- Scanning, copying and faxing;
- Preparing Completion Statements and completing transactions;
- Registration of title and dispatch of deeds to lender and client;
- Providing typing support to other members of the conveyancing department as required;
The appropriate candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- An understanding of Conveyancing procedures to include filling in legal forms;
- Ability to work independently, as well as in conjunction with the rest of the department;
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives;
- Delivers output to a high standard;
- Excellent telephone manner;
- Multi-task in a busy environment;
- Ability to prioritise;
- Fast typing skills;
- Good working knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Word including Track Changes
- Ability to use Case Management systems ideally OMS;
- Outstanding organisational skills;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication
- Understand the importance of confidentiality;
- Able to use initiative;
- A commitment to maintain high client care standards;
- Steadiness under pressure;
- Reliable and dependable;
- Flexible approach to work;
- Positive attitude.
We are an award winning Legal 500 Leading Law Firm with offices in Luton, Harpenden and Milton Keynes. We provide a full range of legal services to individuals and businesses. Neves strive to retain quality employees by offering opportunities for development and progression.
We offer a range of benefits including pension, childcare vouchers, life assurance, and additional day’s holiday for your Birthday, free conveyancing for your own sale and purchase plus a free Will.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to Amanda Lawrence, email@example.com.
CLOSING DATE: 30th August 2019
Unfortunately due to the expected high level of response to this role we can only respond to candidates selected for interview.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Neves Solicitors LLP is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.