Private Client Legal Assistant
Closing date: 15 March 2019
The working hours of the role will be Monday-Friday 9am to 5:15pm (36.25 hours per week). This will be based in Luton.
Our Luton office is long established with a large client base. It is a busy role that requires a highly organised individual with the ability to multi-task, prioritise duties and remain calm under pressure. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills providing a professional service to clients whilst being compassionate when dealing with sensitive issues.
Duties and responsibilities
- Opening/closing/storage and retrieval of files in accordance with procedures to include performing all Money Laundering checks
- Audio typing/copy typing
- Collate work received from the outsourcing company, including arranging enclosures so that it is ready to send out
- Preparation of all documentation, ensuring it is accurate and set out in accordance with the firm’s standards
- Handling client queries, liaising with third parties and making file notes
- Diary management
- Make full use of the firm’s Case Management System in conjunction with Word, Outlook and use of Land Registry Portal, Excel and other computer packages as appropriate
- Ensuring all client details are kept up to date
- Management of Wills and Deeds database
- Preparation of files in readiness for archiving
- Undertake administrative duties, such as photocopying, faxing, scanning including scanning Will files
- Checking post and dealing with matters arising, when required
- Working as part of a team, assisting with reception cover as needed
Skills and Attributes
- 2 years plus legal experience working within the private client department is preferable
- Understands the importance of providing high standards of client care and adopts this approach when handling a client’s affairs and takes an interest in building and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent communication skills; provides a professional service whilst being compassionate when dealing with sensitive issues
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fast typing speed with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Professional appearance
- Good knowledge of Outlook, Word, or equivalent with experience using Case Management systems
- Flexible and adaptable
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- Able to remain calm under pressure when dealing with a busy work load
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Able to use initiative and take a proactive approach
- Attentive with a positive attitude
- Reliable and dependable;
The firm offer a range of benefits including pension, childcare vouchers, life assurance, additional day’s holiday for your Birthday, free conveyancing for your own sale and purchase plus a free Will.
Please send your covering Letter and CV to Amanda Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately due to the expected high level of response to this role we can only respond to candidates selected for interview.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Neves Solicitors LLP is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.