Private Client Secretarial Assistant
Closing date: 15 October 2021
The working hours of the role will be 9am to 5.15pm, Monday to Friday (36.25 hours per week).
Our Harpenden office is long established with a large client base. It is a busy role providing support and assistance to a team of Private Client solicitors, so this role requires a highly organised individual with the ability to multi-task, prioritise duties and remain calm under pressure.
- Opening/closing/storage and retrieval of files in accordance with procedures
- Audio typing/copy typing
- Preparation of all documentation, ensuring it is accurate and set out in accordance with the firm’s standards
- Handling client queries, liaising with third parties and making file notes
- Diary management
- Make full use of the firm’s Case Management System
- Management of Wills and Deeds database
- Preparation of files in readiness for archiving
- Undertake administrative duties, such as photocopying and scanning
- Scanning incoming post and dealing with matters arising
- Maintain a tidy, organised workspace
- Working as part of a team, assisting with reception cover as needed.
The appropriate candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Experience working in a Private Client department is required for this role
- Understand the importance of providing high standards of client care and adopts this approach when handling a client’s affairs and takes an interest in building and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent communication skills; provides a professional service whilst being compassionate when dealing with sensitive issues
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fast typing speed with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Professional appearance
- Good knowledge of Outlook, Word, or equivalent with experience using Case Management systems
- Flexible and adaptable
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- Able to remain calm under pressure when dealing with a busy workload
- Able to use initiative and take a proactive approach
- Attentive with a positive attitude
- Reliable and dependable
We offer a range of benefits including pension, life assurance, an additional day’s holiday for your Birthday, free conveyancing for your own sale and purchase plus a free Will.
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, due to the high level of response to this role, we can only respond to candidates selected for interview.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Neves Solicitors LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Neves and Neves Solicitors are trading names of Neves Solicitors LLP (Registered No. OC371395).
Registered office: AW House, 6-8 Stuart Street, Luton, LU1 2SJ. SRA Number: 567286