Private Client Solicitor - Luton
Closing date: 31 July 2019
An experienced solicitor with a good technical background is sought to join our busy Private Client department.
Neves is a Legal 500 Practice with offices in Luton, Harpenden and Milton Keynes. The firm is long established with a varied client base and a significant Will bank.
We strive to retain quality employees by offering opportunities for development and progression.
We offer a range of benefits including pension, childcare vouchers, life assurance, and an additional day’s holiday for your Birthday, free conveyancing for your own sale and purchase plus a free Will.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To contribute to a profitable Private Client department;
- To develop and enhance the reputation of the Private Client department;
- To work closely with Partners and other staff in the Private Client department to develop and promote excellent policies and procedures to ensure the best level of service is provided to clients;
- To process client’s instructions in a timely, cost effective and professional manner;
- To ensure that debts are recovered promptly;
- To ensure that funds on account are collected from the client at the commencement of a matter to cover costs and disbursements;
- To maintain professional standards expected of a solicitor;
- To cross refer work to other departments based on the client’s needs;
- To identify opportunities for introducing procedures via the use of IT systems;
- To regularly attend marketing / networking events on behalf of the firm.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years PQE;
- The ability to handle a mixed caseload of private client work, in particular Wills, administration of Estates, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection work;
- A proven track record for maximising and recovering chargeable hours;
- The candidate will have the skills to undertake marketing and business development initiatives to support the firm and department’s strategy.
If you would like to apply for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to Amanda Lawrence at email@example.com
Unfortunately due to the high level of response to this role we can only respond to candidates selected for interview.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Neves Solicitors LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Neves and Neves Solicitors are trading names of Neves Solicitors LLP (Registered No. OC371395).
Registered office: AW House, 6-8 Stuart Street, Luton, LU1 2SJ. SRA Number: 567286