Separation Agreement Solicitors | Harpenden

Separation Agreement Solicitors | Harpenden

When a couple first separate, it can be difficult to know where to start and what arrangements need to be made between you moving forwards.

There are many reasons why you may feel that a divorce straight away is not appropriate. However, you may be concerned about how this will affect you in the future, particularly financially, if matters are simply left in abeyance. In this situation, it is possible to enter into a separation agreement, detailing the terms of your separation. This can then be converted into a formal agreement as and when the divorce is eventually commenced.  

For married couples, it is vital that any agreement reached with regards to finances is drawn up into an order and lodged with the court (known as a consent order). For unmarried couples, a separation agreement can be drawn up detailing all the arrangements arising from your separation.

You can rely on our experts

Regardless of your circumstances, our team of experts can assist you in reaching an agreement and drawing up the agreement reached into a document for you both to sign. Click on the images below to find out more about the specialisms of each of our solicitors.

Beth Woodward
Partner and Head of Divorce and Family Law
Iain MacAskill
Solicitor - Divorce and Family Law
Emily Pope
Solicitor - Divorce and Family Law
Heidi Fleming
Senior Associate - Divorce and Family Law
Tina Shah
Associate - Divorce and Family Law

Get in touch with our Family Law solicitors

You can consult us at any stage of your separation. If you would like advice and support regarding your separation, contact our Family Law team today on 01582 715234, email or complete our contact form below and we'll get back to you.

Your Details

See also

Congratulations on strengthening your Family Law team with the appointment of Heidi Fleming especially in the area of parental alienation. I’m glad you have recruited someone extremely competent who I recommend as being a very good lawyer.